Local Futures continued its unique and ongoing collaboration with the city government of Jeonju by hosting yet another Economics of Happiness conference in the city – our fifth in what has become an annual event – on October 16th-17th, 2019.
Our first Jeonju conference in 2015 resulted in the Jeonju Declaration on the Economics of Happiness, in which the local government committed:
“to shift its administrative system away from a paradigm that prioritizes growth and development towards one that puts people first, and…to create an economy that works for the people and makes local communities happy.”
The conference focused on three inter-related topics: public banks, local food, and urban regeneration through community restoration.
Along with an impressive array of voices from South Korea, we brought three international speakers to the conference: Ellen Brown (USA), Della Duncan (UK), and Anja Lyngbaek (Denmark/Mexico).
– Director, Mokpo Urban Regeneration Support Center
– Head of Jeonju Urban Regeneration Support Center Team
– Manager, Jeonju Food Integrated Support Center
– Aide to National Assembly Member Kim Hyun-gon
– Director, Local Agriculture Research Institute
– Secretary-general, Wonju Food Cooperative
– Chairman, Jeonju Food Producers Association
– Chairman, Jeonju Meal Service Cooperatives Association
– President, Jeonju Food Consumers Association
– President, Social Innovation Banking
– Professor, Jeonbuk National University
– Manager, Dongjak Credit Union
– Director, Resident Cooperative Council
– Chairman, Economic Community Association “Totori“
– Chairman, Gwangjin Social and Economic Network Enforcement
Click the ‘Speakers’ tab at the top of this page to view profiles of our international speakers at this conference.
Articles in the Media
Here are the main articles from the media in South Korean language:
JJN: www.jjn.co.kr/news, October 15th, 2019
JJN: www.jjn.co.kr/news, October 16th, 2019
Focus Daily: www.ifocus.kr/news, October 15th, 2019
SJB news: www.sjbnews.com/news, October 15th, 2019
Newspim: www.m.newspim.com/news, October 15th, 2019
Todayan: www.todayan.com/news, October 15th, 2019
Asia News Agency: www.m.anewsa.com/article, October 16th, 2019