These curated collections of activist tools are designed to provide a better understanding of the “big picture” of how the global economy impacts society and the environment. As part of Local Future’s overall strategy of “education for action“, these resources can help translate understanding into activism; our wish is that they might inspire you to start or join a project for localization in your community.
In these pages, you’ll find resources that will give you a deeper understanding of globalization and localization. You’ll also find lots of information on ways to get involved in the growing global-to-local movement.
- Links: Links to other organizations and initiatives that resist the process of globalization and renew local economies and communities. Use this list to discover, support, and join some of them!
- Films for Change: An extensive list of films and documentaries covering topics like climate change, ecovillages, consumer culture, food systems, agriculture, and more.
- Recommended Readings: A list of books and reports about localization, globalization, economic development, agriculture, cultural development and Ladakh.
- Independent Media Sources: News sources that can be trusted to give a reasoned, accurate critique of the global economy and to inspire you with real-life stories of positive change.
- Maps of Alternatives Overview of inspiring maps from different organizations across the world that together help visualize the amazing breadth and scope of initiatives seeking both to halt the destructive economy, and to build new, regenerative, localized alternatives.